Dr Martens FS206 Lace-Up Shoe's

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by BodgitScram, May 25, 2017.

1. BodgitScram

BodgitScram New Member

Are they any good?
    Good brand and make but not bought DM shoes in years?
    They seem well priced and have my size in, anyone else got a pair of them?

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

3. facilities

facilities Guest

DM in my experience overpriced rubbish, but ok if your a bobber boy from the 70s

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

5. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Bobber boy????

Bovver boy that's what I was called with my 10 hole DMs.

6. facilities

facilities Guest

Well spotted meant Bovver :p

7. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

The Airwair soles are now made overseas. The last firm that made them under licence in the UK ceased trading three years ago.

The modern soles wear out very, very quickly.

Modern workwear shoes/boots are more advanced and cheaper whilst DM's are now sadly only for fashion

KIAB likes this.
  8. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

[QUOTE="sospan, post: 1513407, member: 147070"

Modern workwear shoes/boots are more advanced and cheaper whilst DM's are now sadly only for fashion[/QUOTE]

Agreed - between my son and his girlfriend they must have around 8 pairs of DM's, all in bright colours and lurid patterns

Business must be booming for the Doc as they are the fashion 'must have' and a never ending range of colours and designs keep appearing

As you've mentioned, partly made overseas now so not fully helping with our own economy

9. deloiss

deloiss New Member

Last day I joined an construction company. This is a new area to me. By my colleague's suggestion I bought a pair of safety shoes. My feet is comparatively bigger . Poorly fitting of shoes lead to problems like fallen arches. As a advice my senior asked me to purchase a pair of men's safety shoe. I think I will get it online. Any idea about men's safety shoes online?

10. facilities

facilities Guest

Hi deloiss, I gather English is not your first language, I would advise trying on different shoes to see what's comfortable, if you are from these shores you may be able to call in at an ARCO branch they used to stock a good supply of safety shoes/boots