Draught excluder

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Guethary, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Guethary

Guethary New Member

I am jumping in at the deep end and making my own windows and throwing out the plastic ones. I have made ones now that look good but they are ones that are fixed glass. I am now making frames that open. I don't know where to get the draught excluder that I show in this pic. Any ideas please? doubleglzdwthrseal.jpg.w560h420.jpg

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Try Mightons.

3. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Plenty of places online that do wedge, E, and P, Q bubble gasket.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

4. Guethary

Guethary New Member

Thank you both of you. I assume I can google for their websites from info you have given. I insert by cutting with a router?

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

6. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

That well known auction site has them ;)

I would also have a look at the Trend website. It will take a bit of finding but they have a window system with lots of information on profiles and sealing stips

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

8. Guethary

Guethary New Member

Many thanks for this info. Just have to go to France as father in law has passed away but will go for it on my return. Thanks again

9. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Looks as though there are special types of cutter for this a 1/4" and 1/2" for router. Sorry about your father in law.:(

10. Guethary

Guethary New Member

Thanks on both counts. Yes he was a very good guy and never held it against me or The British hat it was an Englishman who betrayed his uncle in the Resistance in 1943! If you are interested in history check out this demon: Harold Cole. Unbelievable story.