Drawing apps for designing

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Gregor87, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Gregor87

Gregor87 Member

Hi everyone, looking for some help.

I'm designing a custom made wardrobe for a customer, which is something I have done a few times before.

To make life easier I was hoping I could make my own drawings so I can work out all my sizes and also show the customer what it will look like.

Does anyone use any apps which they would recommend for doing this?

Thanks in advance,
    Gregor

2. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Cad software can be quite expensive. We use Articad, which is up at the expensive end really. I am sure there are much cheaper alternatives if you are only going to use it rarely.

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Not familar with V Ray, a rendering app for SketchUp can trial it free for 30 days apparantly, not needed I say.

5. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

Have a look at Autodesk Fusion 360, free for home use, really good system and faily easy to use.

KIAB likes this.
  6. Gregor87

Gregor87 Member

Thank a lot guys, I'll have a look at the suggestions.

7. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

M&S paint is the dogs danglies! :p

8. gpierce

gpierce Active Member

I use sketchup for all my CAD work - from kitchen designs to furniture and everything else really.

I then use V-Ray to render finished designs, which you can buy by the month instead of outright, so I try and stack anything that needs rendering into a single month to keep the costs down.

I've attached a kitchen design I did for a client so show you what it can do. Well worth the time investment learning how to use it IMO.

Attached Files:

KIAB likes this.
  9. svarogwood

svarogwood New Member

For a good rendering of the project, I use Simlab Composer. You can also create a panoramic visualization ;)