Driving lamps

Discussion in 'Car and Van Talk' started by spen123, Sep 10, 2017.

1. spen123

spen123 Screwfix Select

Evening all
    I want to add some driving lamps to my mk7 ford transit I've got the lights and a packaged wiring kit with everythi g you need bar a few spade connections.
    Only tho g us you need to install a fuse connected to the battery. The battery in a transit is under the seat and there are only charging points in the engine bay. Question is can I come of this or would it best either taken to the battery a right ball ache or installing a new fuse in the fuse box

2. What year is it?

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't already a space for a driving lamp fuse in the fuse box - do you have a manual for it?

And where would the car's normal driving lamp switches be - are these blocked off?

You might even find that all the wiring is in place - for the switches and even terminals coming off the harness for the lamps themselves.

Possibly.

3. spen123

spen123 Screwfix Select

It's 2008.
    I doubt there would be as it's an aftermarket part but it is worth a look or a call.
    When I've normally fitted them you simply bolt a cable to the battery with a new fuse and relay

4. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Use an inline fuse from any live wire.

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Just changing your headlamp bulbs can improve things.
    Various H4/H7 lamps with different gasses,like 'Philips Xtreme Vision' giving you increase beam range & white lighter & still be road legal.

6. Spen, do you currently have front fog lamps fitted? If not, you could use this fuse - No 80 https://fordtransit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49206 , and I bet there are wires to both the switch position on the dash (is this covered by a blanking cap?) and the lamp location near the bumper - how cool would that be? :)

Failing that, I guess do it the old-fashioned way - cable to battery, earthed relay and loose wires...

7. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Yes well worth a try improved my Golf headlights quite a bit.