Driving lamps

Discussion in 'Car and Van Talk' started by spen123, Sep 10, 2017.

1. spen123

spen123 Active Member

Evening all
    I want to add some driving lamps to my mk7 ford transit I've got the lights and a packaged wiring kit with everythi g you need bar a few spade connections.
    Only tho g us you need to install a fuse connected to the battery. The battery in a transit is under the seat and there are only charging points in the engine bay. Question is can I come of this or would it best either taken to the battery a right ball ache or installing a new fuse in the fuse box

2. Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate Well-Known Member

What year is it?

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't already a space for a driving lamp fuse in the fuse box - do you have a manual for it?

And where would the car's normal driving lamp switches be - are these blocked off?

You might even find that all the wiring is in place - for the switches and even terminals coming off the harness for the lamps themselves.

Possibly.

3. spen123

spen123 Active Member

It's 2008.
    I doubt there would be as it's an aftermarket part but it is worth a look or a call.
    When I've normally fitted them you simply bolt a cable to the battery with a new fuse and relay

4. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Use an inline fuse from any live wire.

5. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Just changing your headlamp bulbs can improve things.
    Various H4/H7 lamps with different gasses,like 'Philips Xtreme Vision' giving you increase beam range & white lighter & still be road legal.