Dry verge caps

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Spinyadas, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Spinyadas

Spinyadas New Member

My fascias and pointing need doing on the house I have brought but as costs are mounting I thought I would install some dry verge caps to get me through winter and do the fascias and soffit in the new year. I am struggling to find a place to buy from that I have heard of and trust can anyone recommend a place to buy some dry verge caps??? many thanks in advance

2. Biochef

Biochef Member

If doing proper in new year just get ready mixed mortar and a pair of rubber gloves and get a ladder and mould it into gaps yourself ,or are you wanting someone to do it for you ?

3. Spinyadas

Spinyadas New Member

Thanks I was gonna do it but the fascias need doing and will struggle on my own so just want to cover the concrete as it is in bad condition and the fascias need replacing bu just can not afford at the moment so was just thinks the dry verge if was doin anyway would only have to pay once and could take them down again when I get someone to do fascias but I dot recognise any the companies online sellin them. Would mortar do it ? I thought needed to be some sort of concrete or am I just being stupid. I was looking at putting PVC over fascias but have read quite a few reviews saying not to esp when they are abit knackered

4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

i have recently used the Uni-Click Dry Verge by Klober http://www.klober.co.uk/products.php?productsID=79&products=Uni-Dry+Verge

The tile battens need to extend 20mm if using a clip or 30mm if just screwing into the batten. If yours is an existing roof using undercloaking (cement fibre) boards at the gable end, these normally extend 50mm - so bear this in mind. Also the old mortar and undercloaking need to be removed prior to installation. See 'RETRO FIT'

Attached Files:

5. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

They do them in Left Hand (LH) and Right Hand (RH) versions.
    What roof tiles are currently in place?

6. Spinyadas

Spinyadas New Member

T
    thank you this is excellent

7. Spinyadas

Spinyadas New Member

I have two gables to do 14 left 14 right

8. Spinyadas

Spinyadas New Member

9. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

You would have to double that quantity to do both gable ends. You will also have to purchase 2 x Ridge End caps and 2 x eaves pack, I found that the eaves closer got in the way of the guttering and needed to cut to allow the guttering to fit correctly.

Prices I Paid:

Dry Verge LH/RH = £2.50 each (+VAT)
    Ridge End Pack = £10.05 (+VAT)
    Eaves Ridge pack = £5.44 (+VAT)

We also used the Dry Ridge System

upload_2014-8-4_22-4-49.png upload_2014-8-4_22-5-0.png

10. Spinyadas

Spinyadas New Member

Ok
    ok brill thanks for that I was quoted today £1.78 for each verge and £4 for universal cap and £6 for starter kit all Marley which I didn't think sounded to bad will investigate the stuff you suggested many thanks for your help

11. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

There are numerous brands and are essentially the same thing. So if you can find cheaper the better.

Spinyadas likes this.
  12. vivaro man

vivaro man Active Member

Jitender, you need a scaffold tower mate. Doing that job off a ladder is dangerous. You don't sound like a builder. You can hire scaffold towers from HSS or even your local roofing merchant.

13. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

If you look left in the picture you will see it;), we had it fully scaffold i.e front back and gable end.