Easiest way to get new MDPE through concrete floor?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Mr Ian, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Mr Ian

Mr Ian New Member

Hi,

Might need to do this, new route compared to existing service pipe. Will I manage to core drill 100mm from trench into house to put ducting in, or....? Don't really want to argue with water board over surface entry.

Have always had building contractors to do this before.

TIA

2. Don't see why not! it always amazes me though how deep the dig is with these jobs.

and the spoil never goes back in the hole:D

3. Mr Ian

Mr Ian New Member

Cheers - yes a deep dig :( Just thought that if I go through the floor I'll end up drilling through the DPM. Is there a standard/easy way to repair this?

Otherwise could use an Insuduct...

4. wetneck

wetneck New Member

Just as a thought,obviously sleeve pipe.Foam around under screed etc,then apply liquid DPM,synthaprufe or the like,again just as a thought.Good Luck

5. rome60

rome60 New Member

The depth should be 750mm for frost protection but having said that we don"t get the bad winters now.If you are having water board inspect the trench which they do here in east midlands stick to the correct depth.If the foundations are blue or engineering bricks use a small jack hammer,mentioned bricks will knack your core bit.You can get proper 75mm blue flexible sleeving for water pipe from builders merchant.;)