eBay - DML24 Wood Lathe, Good Price

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by mackie, Dec 18, 2014.

1. mackie

mackie Member

2. Hmm, it's already reached what most of these fetch second hand.

And you bringing our attention to your sale won't harm it a bit...

Ok, ok, ok - I'm being cynical :oops:.

A quick surf shows a number of these 'in good working order' being sold for around £75 - see Gumtree and Vivastreet.

3. mackie

mackie Member

Cheers, yeah that was the thought I had before I posted but I thought nothing ventured nothing gained. Thanks again

4. Ghost-1

Ghost-1 Active Member

5. joiner1959

joiner1959 Active Member

Really depends what you want to make. Looks pretty shallow so larger bowls etc will be a problem.
    Price looks ok but personally I would be on the look out for an older ELU, good quality and indestructible, also have rotating head to allow deeper work to be done.

6. dwlondon

dwlondon Active Member

having bought some entry level stuff over the last few years from record, I would agree that they do produce well made items; but at that end of the range the power and production capabilities are fairly modest; to say the least. I got a record 36 inch lathe second hand, and its fine for light careful work, a band saw which is good enough to cut across grain and shape some sash window horns; and trim strip wood and such with the grain, a morticing drill; again good enough. Will probably get other things. So most of the time you will find yourself having to work to the limitations of the kit.