economy seven programer

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by sams, Nov 25, 2014.

1. sams

sams Member

anyone got any experience installing economy seven programmer ?

what i have is economy seven tariff

the off peak is from 12 pm and energies a separate consumer unit which supplies the storage heaters

the programmer i have supplies power to the immersion heater after midnight

the part i don't understand is the programmer has a boost control as well, How will this work if the input to the programmer is only live after midnight ?

surly there should be two live inputs a standard supply for the boost and a second off peak supply fof the nighttime water heating

Am i missing something ?

2. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Does the tank have 2 elements, one connected just to the of-peak supply?

3. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

hi. you only have to use the 24hr peak supply not the offpeak supply for the feed to the E7 proggrammer. the idea is that it will switch the immersion heater on during the offpeak hours, but you can top it up during the day if nessasary. hope that helps. nigel

4. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

These timers are a doddle to wire because the face plate is pre-wired and you just match up the connection tags to the numbers on the mounting box terminals. As mentioned, the supply to the timer should be on 24hour. The timer does the rest. Boost should be wired to the upper most element and is rarely needed tbh.

5. flateric

flateric Well-Known Member