electratech storage heaters

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by gogs_sparky, Feb 20, 2005.

1. gogs_sparky

gogs_sparky New Member

Anybody know anything about this system? Just had a call asking if I know anything about them as their system is not working and requires a code input?

2. spud gun

spud gun New Member

I used to install them for NORWEB many years ago, have you any more info, basically a keypad linked to a bank of impulse relays via a "black box" of electronics, to override the code pull the keypad off its base and short out the two pins on the back whilst holding down any key, but you really need the manual to set it up again. I can email you a scanned copy if give me an address

3. gogs_sparky

gogs_sparky New Member

that would be great if you could
    e mail is
    gordon@fraser1969.fslife.co.uk

4. idc

idc New Member

Hi, Any chance of getting a copy of that manual also? I have a customer that wants me to look at a problematic electratech system. It would be very much appreciated! My e-mail is clarkiain@orange.net. Thank you very much indeed. Iain

5. prosparks

prosparks New Member

Spudgun
    could you do me a copy also (to a friend .... bunnyice@hotmail.com)
    much appreciated.
    regards

6. spud gun

spud gun New Member

ET manual sent in zipped file today

7. Science d'ya getme

Science d'ya getme New Member

And you can't get replacement control panels for love nor money. Shame because it's a cracking system when it's working.

8. spud gun

spud gun New Member

Just ripped out a smart heat system, which was the later type of remote storage heater control using radio signals. Main control board had gone pop, no spares etc

9. idc

idc New Member

Spud gun, Could you e-mail a copy of the electratech manual to me at clarkiain@orange.net? Thanks very much indeed. Cheers, Iain

10. spud gun

spud gun New Member

Spud gun, Could you e-mail a copy of the electratech
    manual to me at clarkiain@orange.net? Thanks very
    much indeed. Cheers, Iain

Sent at same time as prosparks

11. idc

idc New Member

Hi, sorry to bother you again, could anyone please send me an electratech instruction/user manual to me at clarkiain@orange.net I haven't received anything yet. Thanks very much, you're a lifesaver! Cheers, Iain

12. spud gun

spud gun New Member

Email bounced back, maybe the file is too big 1390k,the one I sent to prospark appears to have gone OK

13. doughie

doughie New Member

i to have a problem with the electratech system asking for a code after 16 years without needing one before .
    any chance of emailing a copy of the manual to doughie1966@hotmail.com. thanks very much

14. David Hodgkinson

David Hodgkinson New Member

Could someone email the manual to david<u>m</u>hodgkinson at hotmail . com?

I've got one of these to look at soon and I think it should just be replaced

15. steven willet

steven willet New Member

once youve shorted the pins out press help & it tells you howt do it all

16. tomh

tomh New Member

Hi Spud gun,

My son can't get an inherited Electratech system to work.

Could you please email me a copy of the Electratech manual? My email is thomas_hartley@hotmail.com

Thanks very much in advance.

Tom

17. SHplus

SHplus New Member

Hi Spud Gun

Can you email me a copy of the Electratech manual ?
    My system has lost the setup data about which channels
    are E7 storage heaters and which are panel heaters.
    Any data on how to enter the channel data would be much
    appreciated.

Email is
    steve@madsteveharris.co.uk

Thanks

Steve

18. wayne888

wayne888 New Member

Hello,
    I have a problem with the controller. It has frozen (does not respond to pressing any button. You can see the writing.
    Any help would appreciated.
    Thank you
    Wayne

19. Andy Tootz

Andy Tootz New Member

spud gun you seem to be the main man on this subject my problem is that it only seems like the code needs re-programming have tried shorting out the pins but it still asks for code any chance of a copy of the installation manual my e-mail address is a.tootell@sky.com much appreciated

20. steveajones71

steveajones71 New Member

Hi Spud Gun

Without seeming like someone who is desperate is there any chance of that document being e-mailed out to info@spider-technologies.co.uk please. Also do you know what actually triggers the system over to the economy 7 tariff as my father-in-law has recently had his installation 'disturbed' and Scottish Power took away some bits and now it doesn't work.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve