electric UFH recommendations

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by oggy376, Jul 29, 2015.

1. oggy376

oggy376 Member

Hi,

Im looking at putting electric underfloor heating in the bathroom (5m2) on concrete floor to be tiled over.
    Just after any recommendations on brands, or are they all pretty much the same?

Thanks

2. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

hi, i have found the warm up stuff pretty good. better to plan it out at 50mm distance and to lay it on hardibacker board first

oggy376 likes this.
  3. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

UFH in a special location that contains a bath or shower comes under part P

Notification and certification as BS 7671 and Approved document P of the Building regs

4. stateit

stateit Screwfix Select

As with FatHands - use a backer board: But I'd use Marmox or other insulated board as opposed to plain Hardibacker (cement) board.

Use one on a mat (roll) other than loose wire unless you are used to the loose wire system (which as you are asking this question I guess you ain't ;) )

The brands are similar inease of install and heating effect.

oggy376 likes this.
  5. oggy376

oggy376 Member

Great, thanks for the advice.
    Will be using insulated boards but they will raise the floor level a bit, do you reckon a tct floor planer would work at taking the concrete floor level down slightly to accommodate the boards and keep the floor level with the rest of the house, or am i just creating a world of pain for myself.

6. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

hi. personally i would use 6mm hardi and accomodate everything with that, cut in to/replace door frame and stuff. Just my 2 pence worth!

oggy376 likes this.