Electrical sockets Pickle

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by tore81, May 2, 2016.

1. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

So I have chased out for two double gang sockets on a radial re plastered over fitted some nice black sockets.

So I have then realised I have made a mistake as I ran one cable through the box and the socket which was then quite tight to get on.

Is it still safe? Comply or should I turn in to a radial. Pretty annoyed that i didn't for see this but you live and learn.

Any advice would be great

2. madhatter1uk

madhatter1uk Screwfix Select

Can't you get it any further into the corner of the box?

3. nffc

nffc Active Member

You should have used the route in the third picture from the right. Looks like a brown ring to me. ;)

tore81 likes this.
  4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Cant make the first socket part of the ring and the other a spur?

madhatter1uk likes this.
  5. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

I only need a couple of sockets. Just supplying TV digit box.

The socket is on yes I probably get it further up into the corner.

It's gone on fine now, just thinking wether it is an issue with it touching the back of the socket. Probably over worrying but no conductors on show. So should be ok. I guess I've learnt the hard way

6. madhatter1uk

madhatter1uk Screwfix Select

It's done, stop worrying. If you're really worried though, You could get a real JIB MVQ electrician in.

tore81 likes this.
  7. fire

fire Well-Known Member

I can't see what the problem is, the blue route is fine. Or is it that you have made cable too short to wire?

8. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Ha ha your right nffc, never good to share your personal pics on a public forum :eek:

What about the 4th from right .... Is it a werewolf :D

nffc likes this.
  9. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

Deeper boxes would of been better, or just spur the right socket from the left.

10. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

If you worried about boxes is it possible to put deeper boxes in

11. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Well you only need a tad of the grey outer sheath through the grommet so cut it back, then should be easy enough to route the singles to not touch the socket!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

tore81 likes this.
  12. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

ah ok Andy yes that would be easier. Obviously the singles will enter through to the other box then with no grey protecting by the grommet.

13. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

The grey should stay intact until the last box, I think. So if it interfering with the first box, you won't be able to do that.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

14. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

I am starting to think maybe it is best to spur it.

like mad hatter said don't think I need to worry about it. As it's just the grey outer insulation touching the plastic on a socket.

Plenty of protection there.
    Just frustrating, thanks all