Emptying yer trolley.....

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by Ruski, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Ruski

Ruski Member

OK - so I sadly sit here at night and fill my trolley with all the tings I need for tomorrow, but know tomorrow morning I'll be adding a few more bits and bobs to the order (in my head).. so I don't complete the order online - just use it as a reference to reel off the codes to the wonderful young lady/lad behind the counter in the morning, plus my extras which I've now added on - cough up, get the goods and off to work I go - sorted.

Get back from work and my trolley stays full of (possibly) hundreds of items (and the 'reminder' email entitled 'Psst..') tells me I've left something behind - I KNOW!

So - after all this, my question is "Where's the button to delete ALL the items in your trolley" (bit like TS have ;) )

IS there a way to do this - or do the web team think it's a good idea for their users to delete each line individually?

Cheers

Russ

2. Ruski

Ruski Member

Wow - thank you Screwfix mods for your attention to this post: 22 days to consider your reply - this must be worth waiting for!

Cheers

Russ

3. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

Hi @Ruski

I'm sorry I did not notice your post before. I do respond to post were there is a question directed to Screwfix, but I missed yours.

You are correct we do not currently have a remove all from trolley feature, however you can change all the quantities to 0 and then update your trolley. Though I can understand this is not perfect if you have a large amount of items.

There are other options,

You can complete your order and make payment and then just collect your order from your local store.

You can items to a saved list (the option below the collection and delivery buttons) so you still have a list but not in your trolley. However, you will still need to update this after to remove items from your list.

The best option and our newest way of making it easy to shop with us is the Quickshop App. If you visit http://www.screwfix.com/jsp/landing.jsp?id=mobileapps this has more details and links to both iOS and Google Play.

This app allows you to build your shopping list, checks stock in store then you just go to the counter they scan a barcode and the list is uploaded to the till, you can still add any other items you just remembered you need then just make payment and wait for the goods to arrive from behind the magic doors.

We are currently revising our website, I am unsure if a delete all is planned as yet. However I will pass this feedback to our web team.

Sorry again for missing your original post, if you want a immediate response you can call our Customer Service Team on 03330 112 112 who are available 24/7 or email them on online@screwfix.com

I hope this was worth the wait.

Peter

4. Ruski

Ruski Member

Thank you Peter - understood - please pass on the 'delete all' idea - I'd hate for an update to the website to miss an opportunity to catch up with the competitors.

And thanks for the links to the Quickshop App - I had no idea this was available.

"I hope this was worth the wait." Touche - well done :D

Cheers, and thanks again

Russ