emulsion paint

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by paulevans, Feb 21, 2015.

1. paulevans

paulevans New Member

is it normal for emulsion paint to have a thick layer of liquid on top of it when you first open the tin. i have tried to stir ot but the bottom of the paint feels solid

2. it can do if its been sat for a while is it a new tin or has it been sat in your garage for a long time? Also it can take quite a bit of stirring to get it back to how it should be

3. paulevans

paulevans New Member

It was a new tin, I bought 2 and one was fine. I replaced the bad one but that was wrong as well

4. If it is beyond stirring i would return it again and probably stop using that brand of paint or that supplier

5. paulevans

paulevans New Member

Thanks for your help

6. No problem just out of curiosity what was the brand of paint?

7. paulevans

paulevans New Member

It was on offer and I think it was vectra and was for use on new plaster from screwfix

8. don-noledge

don-noledge New Member

I had trouble with the vectra white emulsion. I only use crown now, given me best results out of most brands.

9. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I used Vectra paint ince, found it was sticky when rollering. If just using white are magnolua go for Leyland paint.