Emulsion you can clean marks off

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Graham Everett, Apr 25, 2015.

1. When I refurbished my flat I painted the walls with Crown emulsion, I didn't really want to use crown but I liked the colour.

The problem I have is if I get a dirty mark on the wall and clean it with a damp cloth it takes the paint off as well. I know its water based but I don't recall having this issue before.

What is the best brand / type of emulsion as far as cleaning goes?

2. Most makes have a 'scrubable'/ 'kid-proof' range.

You could go 'silk' finish, but that looks hellish...

3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

I not long ago refurbished my bathroom, I used a Dulux washable paint, it does exactly as yours, it comes off when wiped. :mad::mad:, blame Europe for making up stupid laws, re: paints.

4. Big Dunk

Big Dunk Active Member

5. Boolay

Boolay Member

Dulux diamond Matt is very expensive and it does have a very slight sheen to it

6. Big Dunk

Big Dunk Active Member

Yes, it is very expensive nearly £50 for 5 ltrs but the OP asked what was the best type of emulsion as far as cleaning goes!

7. Boolay

Boolay Member

Or buy a cheaper emulsion and go over it with polyvine decorators varnish in a Matt finish, very tough stuff

8. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Why not use eggshell emulsion paint? A bit more expensive than normal emulsion, but very hard wearing. ;);)