End Feed Fittings

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Pollowick, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

I end to usually go for the better well know brands of most products, be that copper fittings, push fit plastic, wood screws, plugs, ...

So, with copper I will tend to use Pegler/Yorkshire/Endex/Tectite &c. However, the prices sometimes seem very high and wondered about other brands. Screwfix for example stock Flomasta and looking at prices of 22mm end feed street elbows - Endex are £2.38 each and Flomasta £2.89/2 so just over half price.

What are your experiences with named brands or own brands- good/bad/no different?

2. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

I have no idea which brand of end feed fitting or pipe I use, its all copper in the end and all seem to do much the same job. Clean fittings and pipe is the key to a good soldering job I find.

3. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

I agree with that, just occasionally I hear of problems which may be fitting related or down to the installer.

4. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

100% of my problems are down to the installer...

5. G&W Plumbing & Heating

G&W Plumbing & Heating Active Member

Mate I use screwfix push fit all the time, any producer of this type of fitting will have to pay his duty to the copyright proprietor of this patent, therefore they are all the same, tested, approved and lets be honest, identical!!! For a small fraction of the price

Screwfix sale 100 inserts for £3 I think, in hep that will cost you about £18

I've never had a problem with them, and if there was a problem they would be discontinuing the product...unlike Vauxhall

So, screwfix push fit is a total bargain and it's never let me down