End of the Euro?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Ryluer, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

With sterling now buying 1.40 euro and looking like it could fall further will the euro weather the storm about engulf it?

This is done deal....
    http://www.donedeal.co.uk/tools-for...pindle/7368292?messageSent=true&convId=328065

Which is based in the republic of Ireland. And most of the punters are based in the irish state.

I surf donedeal most days and a few days ago all the prices were in euro.
    Now no one wants euro. Funny money or monopoly money as I've always called it.
    I have a stash of sterling cash under my mattress at the moment and was wondering if buying up some euro was a bad idea or not?
    Your thoughts?

OOh tony bliar almost had us enfangled in this foolish currency. All the opposers of that madness have now been vindicated.

2. Er, where do you live, Ry?

3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

I always had him down as coming from Norfolk or there abouts, but if he's Irish that'll explain a lot. :):)

As for the Euro I've been giving it 10 years, but now I can see it crash and burning big time, especially after that **** Juncker giving it large, do as we want or leave, well if I was Greek, if be tat tar then. :p

4. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Why is it that whatever happens to the Euro or Dollar according to the press it is always bad for the UK and the pound?

5. Phil the Paver

It's totally the opposite at the mo, the pound is very strong in terms of buying power, but that has a knock on effect when it comes to selling our goods in Europe, it makes them expensive, just as well we make bugger all these days, so not really a problem. :p:p:p

(Only joking) not good if your business relays on overseas sales. :(:(

6. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Yes but if that is the case why not drop your price to Euro zone if it affects sales you will still be getting the same value it makes no sense to me:):)
    Load of old toffee from the financial sector to screw us whichever way it goes!;)

7. Phil the Paver

Without doubt, the money men want it their own way every time, if it's good for us, its not for them, always been the same ever since somebody dreamed up the banking concept.

8. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Good price for a pint ( 0,5 Litre) of San Mig in Mallorca....No probs. :D

9. parahandy

parahandy Screwfix Select

If Greece has any sense it will default and tell the Banks to F the F right off.

It's a no brainer.

10. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Actually....

....Eh? I ain't said nuffin yet! Ok,ok. I'll leave it.

Phil the Paver likes this.
  11. Phil the Paver

One of the bars on the complexe in Spain, was called No Problem. :D, a large beer was 1.40 euro, so just about a quid. :):) Not that I drink, much, only on holiday :)

12. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Yeah,OK Phil, I'm the same , only drink on holiday. ;) but suits us don't it? :D

13. That is, indeed, a no-brainer... :rolleyes:

14. parahandy

Maybe you're right.

Maybe it would be better for Greece to just carry on throwing all it's money at debts that they will never repay.

We can't have the bankers taking a hit after all. :rolleyes:

CGN likes this.
  15. Yeah, we can't have people paying back money they owe, can we...

16. parahandy

Indeed.

It's all about the morals when it comes to money lenders.

17. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

Goldman Sachs has a lot to answer for. But the Greeks have only their government who led them into all this mess to blame. They had highly state paid opera singers. Council employees did a couple of hours a day then did "foreigners" or went to the nearest bar. Highly paid state employees retired on pensions equivalent to their full salary.
    But if they did accept the EU's bailout terms the pensions of the poor would be deduced from about 300 Euros a month to 150 Euros a month Who could live on that? As usual it is the poor that are being made to pay for the mistakes and greed of the rich. If Greece exits there will be a domino effect which might take years to take full effect. Spain, Portugal and Italy might be next in the firing line. I don't think the Euro could survive so many countries coming out.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  18. Eh? And nothing about the morals of those who borrowed?

19. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

The IMF have 'no morals'.

20. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

I think a lot of the fairly recent countries to adopt the Euro viewed it as Monopoly money. Also when you have your own currency like the UK we know that financial responsibility stops with us. With Euro countries the responsibility stops with European Central banks as the Greek people are finding out. This may ultimately destroy the Euro currency and seriously reduce the power of Brussels which many would view as a good thing. The EU might then just be an association of trading nations as envisioned by The Common Market. If we had a crystal ball and could foresee
    this happening then it would be less hassle to stay in Europe in the meantime IMHO.