England F.C. Useless?

Discussion in 'Sport Talk' started by Crowsfoot, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

Well, it wasn't the best of starts was it.
    England 1 Italy 2:(

We're not out of it yet though, that famous British Bulldog spirit we see us through the next matches and into the qualifiers (just wait and see)!!

Continuing on a much happier note isn't that ITV Theme song "Braaaazil" fantastic :):):) I'm looking forward to the commercial breaks just to hear it.

How about a tomplum video version of the tune tom?

Tappy,

2. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

I watched the first half but, was tired and went to bed. Can't say they didn't try.

3. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Flanders and Swann had it right in "A song of patriotic prejudice":)

"The English are moral, the English are good,
    And clever and modest and misunderstood"

"And all the world over, each nation's the same,
    They've simply no notion of Playing the Game,
    They argue with umpires; they cheer when they've won,
    And they practise beforehand, which ruins the fun!":p:p

4. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Certainly wasn't the best of starts for England,,, but,,, they did play well. Unfortunate that Italy scored a second goal. England had more shots on target than Italy did. Rooney needs to go to Specsavers, before he takes another corner. The ref too, should have had laser eye surgery before officiating at this match. Mind you, all the concerns about the state of the pitch were soon allayed. Italian players rolling all over it, soon had it nice and flat. :p:p:p:p:p:p

5. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

tbh I thought we played well, inspite of the score line. Rooney is too old now and needs to go, or just play one half. He gets tired now and makes mistakes. Pleased with the performances from Welbeck, Sturridge and Barkley. Gerrard made some solid accurate passes. The experience of the younger players will have done them good. I think we will see an improvement in the next game.