Exploding expansion vessel

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Wilco47, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

Todger, what don't you understand about these explosions?

2. palatine

palatine New Member

explosions?

W.S.

There is an awful lot I don't understand about this, (not these), incidents.
    It appears that whilst I hold an open mind on the issue, you prefer to assume factors that are not stated to further your own argument. It suggests a closed mind rather than an enquiring one.

Is todger a technical term or one of endearment?

3. naughtyboy

naughtyboy New Member

wally !

can i call you that as we are now old friend and chat so much .
    I think the fire people knew about it as they attended. They never made it up.
    is that the official report ?
    other incidents that have happend are also slightly dubious , the avon incident exploding electric water heater that had either been tampered with or parts where missing from safty device that had tripped 3 times that day and had been reset by someone and was also 20 years old or so . if it tripped out a safty device was deployed and over ridden by a person .
    conclusion - human error
    now i supose you would say if it was open vented it wouldnt of happend , by the same token if the person who noticed the first problem with it had acted properly then it wouldnt of happend either !
    where is wilco47 ?

4. imran_

imran_ New Member

Walter,

You never answer ANY questions, just rant your drivel.

So again I ask:
    If heated by a gas boiler, how is it REMOTELY POSSIBLE that the cylinder has been heated to a temperature that would cause it to fail???

It cannot. It is a total impossibility. The laws of physics do not allow it. Please, please tell me how it's possible.

5. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

It cannot. It is a total impossibility. The laws
    of physics do not allow it.
    Please, please tell
    me how it's possible.

He is on about physics now. He hasn't a clue about physics. Or water systems or boilers. How sad.

6. chris@vietec.com

chris@vietec.com New Member

The fail-safe versions are vented.

Your missing the point, the ONLY system that has claimed a life in the UK is a VENTED system, not an unvented one, you say one blew the roof off a house, but show me where it killed someone, I can prove the vented one http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/jan/08/uknews4.mainsection now you show me factual evidence where an unvented has killed someone in the UK, you say that this system was fitted incorrectly, well hooray you finally understand, ANYTHING fitted incorrectly will be a danger, vented, unvented, thermal store, that is the whole purpose of Competent person schemes,of which you do not belong.

7. imran_

imran_ New Member

He is on about physics now. He hasn't a clue about physics. Or water systems or boilers. How sad.

You never answer ANY questions, just rant your drivel.

So again I ask:
    If heated by a gas boiler, how is it REMOTELY POSSIBLE that the cylinder has been heated to a temperature that would cause it to fail???

8. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

I ask:
    If heated by a gas boiler, how is it REMOTELY
    POSSIBLE that the cylinder has been heated to a
    temperature that would cause it to fail???

If you can't figure that out you should get a job delivering milk.

9. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

..and you Walter should get a job here!

10. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

The fail-safe versions are vented.

Your missing the point, the ONLY system that has
    claimed a life in the UK is a VENTED system, not an
    unvented one, you say one blew the roof off a house,
    but show me where it killed someone,

My God!! This one wants to see bodies before he will fit in zero-risk systems, that cost no more to fit. Look at the picture of the cylinder of the house in Hampshire. It lifted the roof. If you were near the explosion you would have been killed.

It is like talking to children talking to these bathroom changers.

A vented heat bank/thermal store, with an integral metal F&E tank (the Albion doesn't even have a an F&E tank and not pressurised):

* Will not collapse when boiling.
    * It will not explode when boiling.

<u>It is failsafe - it will not kill people or lift your roof</u>.

That is simple and if you can't figure that out, then get a job delivering pizzas. Good job, as you meet lots of people.

11. rome60

rome60 New Member

WS,why don"t you get a bill board on & parade around the town wherever you live,& warn everyone the world is about to explode seeing that there are millions of unvented cylinders installed.:D:D

12. chris@vietec.com

chris@vietec.com New Member

Water Systems, you are an idiot, of that there is no doubt, the only body that has been seen from a hot water system is because af a VENTED cylinder and unfortunately it was a yound child, I have shown you factual evidence of bodies (as you put it) from a vented system, now you show me factual evidence of a body from an unvented cylinder, I know you can not, as there have been no deaths from unvented, you are not a tradesman, you are not competent and I belive you are a liability to Screwfix, because of the dangerous advice you dish out.

13. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

Lets face it, even water is dangerous under the wrong circumstances!

Walter is an obsessive compulsive with a HUGE unvented disorder!

Let it all out Walter, you'll feel much better!

14. imran_

imran_ New Member

Actually, walter is dangerous under any circumstances.

At the risk of repeating myself..... please, please WS show me how.....

I'm not clever enough. I've tried and tried and tried to get it to happen, I've even disabled or removed all the unvented safety devices. No matter what I do it will not explode. Please help me WS, I'm running out of boilers

15. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

WS,why don"t you get a bill board on & parade around
    the town wherever you live,& warn everyone the world
    is about to explode seeing that there are millions of
    unvented cylinders installed.

Good idea. People should take to the streets,

16. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

Water Systems, you are an idiot,

Amazing from man who fits potential bombs when a zero-risk alternative is available. A man who wants to see bodies.

My advice is to fit zero-risk water cylinders.

17. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

At the risk of repeating myself..... please, please
    WS show me how.....
    If heated by a gas boiler, how is it REMOTELY
    POSSIBLE that the cylinder has been heated to a
    temperature that would cause it to fail???

Amazing!! he still can't figure it out. Have you looked at Pizza deliverymen adds in the paper? Please do.

18. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Walter!

The only thing round here that's going to go pop is your blood pressure!

Take it easy, go and lie down in a cool dark room while we go fetch the men in white coats!

19. Dyke Pullover

Dyke Pullover New Member

20. GKU

GKU New Member

LOL - A little witicism from Loz there , nice one mate , you're doing well recently , keep it up , learning all the time bud ;)