Exploding expansion vessel

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Wilco47, Mar 18, 2009.

1. naughtyboy

naughtyboy New Member

walter

is a pizza delivery man lower than a bathroom changer ?

and what is it that you do ? (apart from advising on forums )

2. imran_

imran_ New Member

OK, now I know I'm repeating myself but....

If heated by a gas boiler, how is it REMOTELY POSSIBLE that the cylinder has been heated to a temperature that would cause it to fail???

A simple correct answer and I will stop posting forever. The truth is it cannot happen. There ya' go WS - completely failsafe!

BTW can I get off now?? I've sat on top of this unvented cyl for 3 days trying to get the damn thing to explode. My **** is hurting as the hot feed comes right out of the top of the cyl (unlike a thermal store - ha ha ;) )

3. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

A simple correct answer and I will stop posting
    forever. The truth is it cannot happen. There ya'
    go WS - completely failsafe!

Imwalked, please get out of the business. You are just plain dangerous.

Have you seen the doc? They can treat your fetishes. Please look at the pizza adds, please do.

4. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Walter.

I went down Domino's as you advised.

I saw their hot water came from an unvented cylinder!!!!

Is the pizza safe to eat?

5. chris@vietec.com

chris@vietec.com New Member

My advice is to fit zero-risk water cylinders.

They are not zero risk, nothing is zero risk, I have shown you factual proof that a vented system has killed someone, now you show me where an unvented cylinder has killed someone, you can't can you, just give up WS, you are making yourself look more and more stupid by the day

6. sus

sus New Member

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    Imran keep going WS does not have the intellect to answer your question or the knowledge, He has proved he knows nothing apart from how to cut and paste, he thinks he knows better than every plumber (bathroom changer) in this forum (if not the country). He actually recommends heat stores. The only other people i know who like these things are home builders because they get them at a give away price from gledhill. The liar does not have one person on his side and he still keeps on prattling on.
    W.S.You haven't answered any questions you really are a laughing stock.

7. plummit

plummit New Member

To be fair Water System, Imran posed a question, and you have evaded it.
    Chris also posted factual evidence of a header tank distorting and spilling its contents over a child that slept below.
    Please correct me if I am incorrect, But the laws in this country, regarding unvented cylinders are somewhat more fail safe than in other countries.
    I base this fact on unvented cylinders failing in other countries, but not here in this country where the unvented cylinder was created.
    With all due respect Water Systems, lets deal with malfunctions of cylinders and systems as they occur in this country first, prior to second guessing systems that have yet to fail.
    The fact that unvented cylinders could possibly explode in this country is feasable, but has not happened.
    The fact that vented systems has claimed lives is true and evident. Would it not be sensible to address these issues first.

8. sus

sus New Member

invented in germany me thinks.

9. Dyke Pullover

Dyke Pullover New Member

Excuse me Plummit, sensible this is screwyou forum after all!

10. plummit

plummit New Member

Well Sus, You may be correct,
    But I go back to 1861 and to a guy named Thomas Hawksley.

11. Dyke Pullover

Dyke Pullover New Member

Your old plummit, you took your time to join the forum didnt you?

12. plummit

plummit New Member

Good post Standalone !!!!

13. Dyke Pullover

Dyke Pullover New Member

148! Come m8 retire sit back and enjoy your time ;)

14. naughtyboy

naughtyboy New Member

oi fellas

why are you argueing with each other ?
    wally started it and as most of you are together in thinking he's an idiot why fall out over it ?
    the originator of this mess wilco47
    has long gone or dosent exist
    so lets all calm down and eat pizza while changing a bathroom or 2 !
    while wally gets bored in solitary confinement !

15. imran_

imran_ New Member

OK, now I know I'm repeating myself, but if cut'n'paste is good enough for the goose....

If heated by a gas boiler, how is it REMOTELY POSSIBLE that the cylinder has been heated to a temperature that would cause it to fail???

It cannot. It is a total impossibility. The laws of physics do not allow it. Please, please WS tell me how it's possible.

Feel free to quote any laws of physics that might help you, or failing that just any that you know. Please note that I have taken the assumption that the boiler runs on gas and is not a cold fusion boiler as these are new on the market ;)

I'm soooo looking forward to your, ahem, reasoned answer.

BTW Imran is dervied from Imran or Imram in the Qur'an. Probably best not to diss the Qur'an by mangling my name, esp when you keep talking about explosions! There are some crazy people out there you know!

steverod likes this.
  16. miss pickle

miss pickle Well-Known Member

17. miss pickle

miss pickle Well-Known Member

emoticon-cartoon-013.gif I'm sorry walt but this made me laugh so much!

What a great thread :D brilliant.