Exterior timber paint - Satin - Recomendations please

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by DIYDave., Apr 30, 2015.

1. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

As above, looking at painting some exterior timber and really want to get away from the traditional gloss finish and go for satin

Been looking at various makes but want to buy quality paint that "should" last (after recommended prep) but most I've seen are water based. I know that a lot of paint is going this way and eventually all paint may be water based but whilst we still have a choice, I want to go solvent based, especially for exterior

Popped into my local Dulux centre today and they suggested Dulux Trade Exterior Ultimate Opaque, solvent based, satin finish

They said its a newish product, I've not seen it before and just wondered if anyone had had suggestions for a quality, exterior, satin paint please. Need black and white

Many thanks

2. Boolay

Boolay Member

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

4. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Thanks guys for replies, have taken a look (on-line) of both of these products and think I'm going with the Sikkens, thanks Boolay

It looks like the Dulux Ultimate Opaque is more of a woodstain than a paint, and at over £50 for 2.5lt, an expensive mistake if not right

I know people seem to love Dulux but it does seem expensive really

Thanks again

5. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Where's DA, advocating Masonry Paint. :D

Jitender likes this.