Extra radiator

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Danman, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Danman

Danman New Member

Hi
    I've got a Worcester Bosch combi boiler in the far corner of my attached garage, pipe run approx 4 metres through garage loft and into the house and start of radiator circuit, I would like to put a radiator in the garage near the boiler, my question is can I just T off the heating pipes near the boiler and just add a rad ? I'm sure i read somewhere that putting a rad in so near boiler and so far from the house rads will affect the circuit ? any advice would be much appreciated.

2. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

unless your garage has been converted into " living space " with all the relevant insulation etc required to comply with building regs ,I wouldn't consider doing it. the heat loss would be dramatic ,and I think it would contravene building regulations.( but I may be wrong on that point )

3. Danman

Danman New Member

It has been converted by the previous owners, fully insulated etc etc, I'm using it as a workshop, just wanted a cheaper option than the current electric radiator.

4. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

should be easy then as boiler is already in there. 15 mm into the most convenient place on the flow and return pipework.

5. Yes it can but all you need to do is turn the lockshield down on your garage rad so that it doesn't upset the balance of the heating circuit.

6. Danman

Danman New Member

Thanks guys much appreciated.