Farage is skint

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 164349, May 30, 2017.

1. Oh dear.

What he calls skint, most people in here would describe as comfortable.

What he really means is he is losing his influential connections.

Interesting program on BBC where he had a meeting with Rachel Johnson. She appears to be a clear thinker.

I think her most telling comments about him were....... He is an extraordinary communicator. He has the ability to make you almost believe what he says, even though every cell in your being disagrees with him.

And ........ We talked about Brexit, because he sees me as a crazed hard Remainer, who has lost the argument, and I see him as the architect of the UK's destruction.

2. Bless.

Yes, Rachel comes across as normal and clear thinking. The thing is, Boris is a Europhile too - but he is totally out for himself rather than his principles.

(I notice that the other thread has gorn... I hope that Phail managed to read the nice things I said about him first.)

3. Wonder why? Somebody say something too strong?:eek:

4. P J Thompson

P J Thompson Active Member

Two threads went didn't they?
    One went just as I was typing a post asking why it is that people are associating the whole of the Islamic Umma with terrorist atrocities when it's actually predominantly Wahhabism that lies beneath these hideous deeds?
    I do find that strange. I also find it strange that people don't pay any attention to the hub of Wahhabism, Saudi Arabia. Why they are prepared to vote Tory at the same time as railing against "Muslim" terrorists, given that the House of Saud/Wahhabists are so intrinsic to these terrorists like ISIS and All Qaeda and given that May loves the House of Saud so much that she does the PR for the British arms industry when it comes to supplying them with death machines.

But as the thread disappeared I guess that post will never be seen.

5. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

I didn't, but can guess, especially as you think Rachel is normal and clear thinking. :p:p:p:p:p

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  6. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

By the standards of Jack and DA, Rachel Johnson is clear thinking.

7. Another baseless loose comment Harry.

The thread was actually about Farage by the way. But if you want to make it about her, use supporting evidence ?

8. A non clear thought of hers for you to think about.

We could be going over a cliff in a hard Brexit,” she said on the show. “And there is only one party out of all the parties that is offering voters a second look at the deal, whether it’s bad deal, a good deal, a red, white and blue deal or a Theresa May Brexit.”

No where does she say brexit is necessarily bad. But needs thinking about !

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  9. I know - but quite funny :oops:

10. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I can't help but notice the word "Could" in there,,,,, (seems to pop up a lot whenever Brexit is mentioned) Yep, could be this, could be that,,, could be anything, couldn't it.

11. Well spotted JJ, it is exactly that.

Nobody knows. Nobody knows what brexit is or will be. But you voted for it without knowing the terms.

Dont you think its worth a look at the terms .

Its an example of her clear thinking, as opposed to blinkered

12. joinerjohn1

So , is this an admission that you voted "Remain" without knowing the terms? ;);)

13. Hardly.

Think about that for a few minutes maybe ?

Specifically, do you not think it is worth a look at terms before final acceptance?

14. joinerjohn1

Hmmmm Depends what you deem "Terms".. Could be that the EU negotiations won't amount to an agreement. After all the 27 EU countries can't even agree on "immigration quotas" amongst themselves. What makes you think they can reach agreement between themselves on Brexit terms for the UK? At the end of the day, it only takes one country to say "Non" and any agreement can't be reached (under EU rules too)
    As it stands we may well have to leave the EU under no terms at all (well at least resort to WTO terms, until some agreement could be reached whereby the smaller EU countries can agree with their masters in Brussels) Note, that this is only a "could be" scenario. ;)

PS , I have to ask you,,, What do you think the terms of remaining in the EU are/ were?

15. Answer your question first then?

Specifically, do you not think it is worth looking at terms before final acceptance?

Thats yes or no

16. And what do you think about Farage calling himself skint?

The topic of this thread.

17. joinerjohn1

Hmmm does he mean "skint" as in the meaning we would naturally assume, or could he mean he's politically skint?

18. In your case, it could all be based on wishful thinking.

Wait! It IS! :p

19. joinerjohn1

I ask again, Do you think that all 27 EU countries can agree wholeheartedly upon these "terms" Only once they all agree then the "Terms" will be there for us to look at. Without them all agreeing, then there just isn't going to be any "terms " to peruse. It only takes one little country to say "NO" , then it's back to the negotiating table. (unless you think their all going to obey their Brussels Masters)

20. I will answer when you do.

Still waiting for simple yes or no.