fastbo wall tiles/splashback from ikea need advice please.

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by rick75, Jul 14, 2015.

1. rick75

rick75 New Member

hi all hope this is ok in this section

just wanted to ask a quick question that is kinda baffling me.

ok we have got some red splashback wall tiles from ikea called fastbo 2mm thick, 16 in total to go below wall units.
    now i asked the lady what would be the best way to fix these to the wall and she said "normal wall tile adhesive" would this be right,i was more thinking of grab adhesive but she said "previous customers have used normal tile adhesive in a tub and worked ok".

i've never used anything but normal tiles with adhesive ect, so if this is true then all ok,will this do the job.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/unibond-non-slip-wall-tile-adhesive-beige-10ltr/62750

i was more thinking this,but could be costly.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonsense-solvent-free-grab-adhesive-white-310ml-pack-of-12/61428

2. rick75

rick75 New Member

anyone?

3. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

I'd have thought they would have been more specific with how to fix them, then again, tis Ikea!!

If they're only 2mm thick then I presume they're pretty flexible so tile adhesive wouldn't spring to mind, even though they're 'tiles'!

I would prob go with the solvent free no nails, as its fairly 'liquid' and should spread out well behind the tile and keep them 'flat'. Silicone would probably work as well.

rick75 likes this.
  4. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Btw, you don't need to buy a 'trade pack', you can buy individual tubes.

rick75 likes this.
  5. rick75

rick75 New Member

cheers cgn for the reply i thought i never get an answer :( yeah i was thinking a should use the above grab rather than tile adhesive,i went for the trade pack as not sure how many i would need :confused: not brought any yet tho will nip down later

6. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

You'll only need to spot or bead the tile and prob a thin continuous bead nearer the edge to keep them flush.

rick75 likes this.
  7. rick75

rick75 New Member

thanks for you help cgn already done one area,took longer to peel the darn protective film off :D

CGN likes this.