Fernox TF1 Fittings

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Don63, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Don63

Don63 Member

I just bought a Fernox TF1 22mm to install on the boiler return. It comes with two 22mm valves to connect it into the return pipe. However, on close inspection of the valves I notice that whilst they have 22mm fittings they only have a 15mm internal bore.

Surely that can't be right or good?

Don

2. DNR Plumbing

DNR Plumbing Active Member

Return it and purchace an Adey Magnaclean unit far superior imho

Dave does Gas likes this.
  3. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

I would second that the TFI has a habit of leaking after removing the top, but it does have the advantage of being capable of being cleaned without removal

4. Don63

Don63 Member

I did do quite a bit of reading around on this yesterday. So this isn't a mistake, it is correct that the TF1 does indeed come with full bore valves. The concensus appears to be that this makes no difference as it is fitted on the return.

For my simple mind, this doesn't compute! A smaller bore must surely result in less flow volume.

I will be returning the TF1 today and will take a look at the Adey Magnaclean.

Don

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  5. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

Get the Pro 2 its a far better model than the original

6. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

Boiler Mag are very good; although I suspect the reduced bore of the valves you mention is widespread across all makes of filters. Incidentally, the Tf1 does incorporate a very strong magnet.

7. Don63

Don63 Member

Thanks everybody. Magnaclean Pro 2 now installed.

Don

DNR Plumbing likes this.
  8. DNR Plumbing

DNR Plumbing Active Member

Don't leave it too long maybe a week then clean it you will be supprised