Festival of Remembrance

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Harry Stottle, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

I thought the Festival of Remembrance was very moving, the organisation, precision and professionalism made me proud to be British. But I thought Joss Stone's performance didn't fit in at all, I couldn't grasp the words of her song and she wasn't singing, more like shouting. I've heard of her but never seen or heard her perform before, is she always like that?

2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

yes Harry I agree with both statements, all those hundreds of thousands of people coming together in remembrance of the fallen soldiers and the debt we owe them for our freedom, heart warming,

3. joiner1959

joiner1959 Active Member

Never heard of her either but certainly knows how to murdered a very moving song. Finbar Furey sings a lovely version.

4. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Didn't see it but just watched countryfile, that made me sit transfixed to the screen, there were some real heroes in the 1st World War, no on second thoughts they were all heroes, proud to be British, but also annoyed at how easy we're been given away by today politicians.

5. That's a wonderful song, right enough - I'm familiar with the Furey's version. So I had to check out what Joss and Beck had done with it. Traced it to PooTube.

Jeepers. It's like a parody. Just how naff could a well-respected song be made? Smalzy, sickeningly cloy, weird staccato rhythm, hellish soggy vocals. It has been taken out and shot at dawn.

Awful.