Festool available at Screwfix

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by sospan, Sep 5, 2016.

1. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Went into my local branch today to collect some Meths -(got to start the week well) and there was a Festool brochure !

Quite surprised to see it being stocked

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

:eek::eek::eek:

Ah! Meths, so your sober,hallucinations, explains everything...:)

Will have a nosey in my branch tomorrow, got a free boot bag to collect.:)

3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

I got the boot bag voucher today, threw it in the bin, thought it cheaper than going to collect it and spending a forture on stuff/ read tools. :p:p:p:p:p

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I just send my sister in to get bag, that way I spend nothing.:)
    Don't need it, but mumsie wants the bag for something.

5. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I was using some Zinsser paint and needed to clean the brushes - £3.00 a bottle for 500ml :eek: no wonder the "down and outs"" moved over to better stuff.

I picked up the bag - not highest of quality as you would expect for a freebie and its an odd size too big for ankle boots and too short for rigger type boots

It seems to be the season for offers, I got three 20% off vouchers a few weeks ago and my son got a 15% off voucher in the post today

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Rarely get the 20% or 15% off vouchers.:(

7. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Got a £5 off if spend £50 form TS.....

TS won which retailer of the year award....... :oops:

8. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Next month is October, another year nearly up, wont mention the x word :eek:

9. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

TS near me is a miserable place and so are some of the staff. What really annoys me is their stock availability, I place an website order, I gets confirmed and when I turn up at the store they tell me the item is not in stock and they can order it for me :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Although quite often cheaper than our hosts, sometimes its just not worth the effort

10. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Only thing good in my TS is the free hot choccy.:)

11. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

The main problem with both, TS and SF for me is the queues. If you're in a rush and need something for a job your on ya turn the corner into the car park, it's packed, good twenty mins getting what ya need.
    Get there at the same time of day when your not it a hurry, you've got the place to yourself, not another customer to be seen.

Sort it out, will ya. :D

12. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Use Click & Collect, works for me.:)

13. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I normally use them when I need something asap.
    Never tried c&c, but will give it a go, tomorrow infact. Need a fluid master valve, hope your right. :)

14. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Went to SF today to pick up a new catologue (and a free boot bag which has gone straight in the bin :() and there was a very pleasant young lady who was offering free cups of coffee. SF are virtually next door to TS,so they must compete. I must admit that I buy consumables from TS,but not their tools. I do feel that SF should review their prices as they appear to be a bit pricey nowadays! :rolleyes:

KIAB likes this.
  15. Rob_bv

Rob_bv Active Member

Half the reason I go to Screwfix is the free coffee :D Well, that and the young lady in tight jeans that serves me....

I quite fancy the Festool CTM 26, but sadly the going rate for a kidney isn't that great at the moment.

16. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Free Coffee...:eek:

17. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Never
    And the occasional free donuts .......mmmm donuts !

KIAB likes this.
  18. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

The screwfix I go to never offer free coffee, ts do Milwaukee which surprises me

19. Rob_bv

Rob_bv Active Member

Maybe it's a Northern Ireland thing. The trade counters have signs basically saying that if you want a free coffe, just ask. It's a sign that I use SF a lot when the staff have memorised my coffee order!