Festool blade.

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by tore81, May 18, 2016.

1. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Hi all

does anyone know the best place to get a replacement blade. For the festool family tracks saw 240.Who stocks it?

Want to keep it the same as the original

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Have a look on fleabay.

3. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Look at Freud blades, they do them for the Festool.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

6. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Can solve that with Sharpie for a quid, like idiots who must have fruit flavoured phones:confused:, save money buy Freud, can cut just as well, if not better than Festool blade.:p

8. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Reminds me, many years ago in a different life I bought a new Beemer. When I picked it after its first srvice I noticed that they charged me £25 for oil. When Iasked them what the oil was I was to bog standard Castrol GTX. I pointed out that Harfords had the same oil for £8, the guy smugly told me that GTX from Halfords isn't as good as theirs because it doesn't have a BMW badge on it....

BTW Festool sharpie

upload_2016-5-18_18-6-21.png

philthespark and KIAB like this.
  9. philthespark

philthespark Active Member

Ah yes,but what he didn't tell you was BMW oil is faster draining.

Well it drained the money out of your wallet faster didn't it.lol:)

KIAB likes this.
  10. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Mind you that Festool itch isn't doing too bad - that £530 for a router and rail drained quite a bit, it is whispering in my ear going "you need a sander, you need a filter" is going to hurt

philthespark likes this.
  11. philthespark

You have to wonder sometimes how much of this is down to "designer" tools,years ago everyone was buying DeWalt like it was something fantastic,I just plodded on with my Makita stuff,I,ve had some of it for years,it never lets me down and didn't cost anywhere near as much.

12. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

13. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Hilti are expensive also. As are Mafell.
    I know builders who use nothing but Hilti. Builders who want the convenience of a van arriving on site delivering a new machine or taking an old one in for repair.

14. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Same here, my Bosch & Makita kit is at least 20 years old & still in use.

15. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Never used Mafell, but I do like Hilti,their TE 1500-AVR breaker is perfection in my opinion, used one year before last ,very impressed with it,surprised how light it was, made short work of some 300mm thick concrete.:)

16. philthespark

Hilti is expensive,but their service is good,I know some people don't like the fact that kit has to go back to them to be serviced as a pose to taking it to the local repair shop but,Hilti keep a log of serial numbers and who they belong to,so If your hilti gets pinched and goes in for service there's a good chance you'll get it back.

17. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Should be a national database for tool serial numbers, can use a microchip on a dog, is either 8mm or 12mm long, sure you could fit one in a power tool to record owner's details.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  18. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Thats one of the benefits of the more expensive tools they can be repaired, I have a Trend router used it a few times and it died, by the cost and effort of sending it back just wasn't worth it. Despite what they say some of the lower tier tools can't take any regualr use.

19. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Would never buy any Trend power tool, total carp!:eek:

And a lot of other Trend stuff is tacky & over priced.

20. philthespark

Yes,and more action against thieves,a mate had his van broken into,we found his gear on fleabay and sent the police round to the sellers house,it was an alladins cave,full of gear that the guy had no reason for having and couldn't properly account for,obviously stolen.The police took my mate's gear away and left the rest,they accepted his excuse that he'd bought the gear to sell on and had no idea it was stolen.