Festool quadrive 18/4

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by JamieTheJoiner, Jun 13, 2015.

1. JamieTheJoiner

JamieTheJoiner New Member

I bought this item last week and can't speak highly enough of Festool. I have always been dewalt since I started my time. But I can't see me going anything other that Festool now. Any one else got this drill or Festool products?

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Very nice bit of kit, I do like the Festool FastFix Right Angle Driver attachment which fits the drill.

3. JamieTheJoiner

Ive not used that yet but I went for the full kit with the different chucks rather than just the basic one.

4. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

I have a small collection... PS300 EQ plus jigsaw, OF1010 router, RS 2e-plus Sander, TDK 15,6 cordless drill, TS55 rail saw and the Domino 700.
    Probably about £2300 tied up in that little lot.

5. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

BTW there is a thread over on the FOG right now on for the festool hobbyists and blokes on the thread are nearly all IT office workers.
    And a few doctors and law enforcement guys.

But all money men. (ie-high earners) approaching retirement or retired.

KIAB likes this.
  6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Probabley same rabble besotted with Apple carp!:eek::D

At least Festool make som decent products.

7. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

I'm retired now & haven't gots loads of money,but my old Makita is getting a bit tired now. I am considering a Festool cordless drill. Are they that good?

8. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

I bought the latest Metabo cordless 18v and it eats my festool TDK15.6 for power.
    But it is 10 years old and lower powered by design.
    I think metabo have the interchangeable chuck system implemented on a certain model at the moment and are only catching up with festool now.
    Conclude from that what you will!

9. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

I' ve got a Metabo detail sander & must admit it's been great after 3 or 4 years. Maybe I should look at a Metabo cordless drill.....Cheaper than Festool,so maybe worth a look.

10. JamieTheJoiner

I love mine I can't wait to buy more stuff mate. Highly recommend it. The drill is very powerful