FFRREEEEEDDDOOOOOOOMMMM!

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Can't believe my fellow Skots. What a bunch of simple-minded twits.

Every discussion I've listened to on Radio 4, for example, has the Nats churning out the exact same remarks;
    "Skotish voters have nothing but contempt for Westminster."
    "Scotland will be a greater country on its own."
    And, when asked a challenging Q about - ooh - finance, defence, the EU, whatever - they shrug them off with a "What a contemptible/disrespectful thing to ask..."

And, for half the population, this is seemingly working. Head-shakingly incredible.

That's all these chippy types need - glib, patronising, cynical, throw-away comments. You can almost hear them shouting "Wha' to go!" at the radio every time Salmond diss's Westminster.

And then they roll a Cig, head oot to the dole queue and hence to the pub...

I love Scotland, me.

2. proby

proby Active Member

I wonder how many are influenced by a racist Australian actor shouting freedom.
    I have wondered if a lot of the ones that want independence realise there is no going back if it goes *its up.

3. Thrudgle

Thrudgle Member

This yes/no thing, if it'd happened in the 60's before oil was invented and before that drunk fella lobbed a football over some gormless ginger bloke, it'd be deffo a 'no', probably.

^ that clinched it.

4. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

DA, as a Scot, what are you frightened of going it alone.?

As a English person I don't think you should, I think we are stronger together, but understand how Scots could be fed up being governed from Westminster.

5. proby

proby Active Member

To be honest I think every part of the country is fed up of being ruled by Westminster but that's where the government is.
    Every area has it's own identity and customs and we all know London always gets the lions share of money and services. Come to think of it I think I'm going to propose independence for the Anglo Saxon Mercian Kingdom freeedoommmm:)

6. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

As a scot, I happen to work for an English company and travel across the border every couple of weeks. My mortgage is with an English bank. To date Mr salmond has not been able to convince me that I'm not going to get screwed over in some obscure currency conversion, which has no value and no one wants to trade in. The thought of almost certainly be taxed more than my English counterparts is bad enough, never mind having to hold multiple currency bank accounts and my salary changing every time the exchange rates change.

As has been said it's not the Westminster part as such that gets me, it's the fact that it seems they are all out to line their own pockets rather than doing what they are well paid to, look after the country to the best of their ability and I really don't see that improving any with a Scottish parliament

7. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

As a Scot living and working in England these past 40 odd years, the referendum holds little interest for me. However, I've noticed that Westminster is now getting decidedly jittery about the outcome. Whereas a few weeks /months ago. Cameron and Milibland didn't seem to be that much bothered. ;);)

Whichever way the vote now goes though, Scotland has indeed made Westminster sit up and take notice.

8. joiner1959

joiner1959 Active Member

What do you expect when you listen to radio 4!:p

9. proby

proby Active Member

So how will it work if it's a yes vote will all you scots living here be illegal-immigrants:rolleyes:

10. joinerjohn1

Hope not,, there's enough illegals here as it is. :p:p:p:p:p

11. proby

proby Active Member

Don't worry just put ski on the end of every word and you will blend in.

malkie129 likes this.
  12. Phil, I'm not frightened by the Scots going it alone, just frightened of such sheer ignorance.

I know what the Nat mentality is like - I've seen it at first hand. All the swaggering, chippy, defensive, pitiful thugs are Nats. As well as a few orn'ary peeps, of course.

They are blindly ignorant of what they are doing. It is an emotional movement and not a thought-out rational one.

No-one with intact critical faculties would accept what Salmond says with any sense of credibility. It is cheap, throw-away snidy comments - makes my skin crawl.

They talk of all the negative campaigning by the 'better together' group, whilst they are the ones using words like 'contempt'.

It beggars belief.

Imagine what will happen should they vote 'yes'. Scotland will become a pariah in Europe in particular and the rest of the world too. At the time of such financial fragility, they have chosen to break up a successful union? All the countries with their own little break-away factions - such as Spain - will be seething at the instability it'll cause them, and will punish Scotland every opportunity they can. I mean, they cannot let Scotland's independence be seen as any sort of success, because they will have to cope with something similar happening in their own countries.

But - hey - Salmond will just accuse me of scaremongering and swagger away.

I could - perhaps - be persuaded that it could be a good thing if it were driven by people I had some respect for; calm, intelligent, rational, thoughtful people. But a bunch of swaggering b*sh***ers? Not a chance

We're DOOOOOOOOMMMED!

13. joinerjohn1

Apparently Robert Peston (of the BBC) has tweeted that the PM met with supermarket bosses this afternoon and urged them to say that prices would rise if Scotland votes for independence. Now why am I not surprised by the underhand tactics of our very own Prime Minister ?? Who are we supposed to believe when the No campaign are pulling stunts like this ??

14. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

...including speaking with the banks - not to ask for any scaremongering there, surely?
    Liked the way Cameron spoke this week about voters having the right to 'get rid of the effing tories'(or somesuch words) in elections. Shows he's in touch with what the public think of them!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

15. joinerjohn1

Too right Handy.. Miliband, too, doesn't want Scotland's independence, because any reduction in the size of Westminster resulting from it will almost ensure Labour are unelectable to an English parliament... He's afraid,, very afraid. ;);)

16. proby

proby Active Member

They are politicians they where born telling lies it's how they make a living.
    What I don't understand is salmond saying the nuclear base will have to go and the banks moving south won't cost jobs, and even though he has been told Scotland cannot keep the pound if it's a yes vote he insists they can, and thinks they will still be a part of the EU despite being told they won't . Is that lies or just delusional.

17. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

He just wants a statue in Buchanan street!
    dewar salmond.jpg

I think that question you really need to ask is why would Cameron want us to stay? He should be doing everything in his power to help things along. Without Scotland he would be in power for the foreseeable future.

18. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

19. joiner1959

joiner1959 Active Member

If we don't vote for independence then as always we wont get the government we vote for. The tories will continue along the same old well trodden path and horror of horrors Bumbling Boris will almost certainly be Prime Minister.

20. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

What I want to know is, If Scotland vote for independence. Does this mean they will no longer be financially supported by the rest of the UK? and does it mean, If they are invaded by another country that the armed forces of the UK will not be expected to go and help them?