Fiat Seicento Problem

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by ']['heApprentice, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Hi all, i know nothing about cars, i was just woundering could u please give me an idea whats wrong with my car, as when i first start my car up and rive down the raod with it, it makes a screaming type of noice, then after 10mins it dont do it... thanks

2. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

loose/worn fan belt.

3. M.I.G.

M.I.G. New Member

does it do it when cornering?

has it got power steering?

4. erm yer it has got power steering and it dosnt seem 2 b knocking, i have tho put a K&N induction kit on it, could this be casuing the noise?

5. M.I.G.

M.I.G. New Member

if it's making a screeching noise when cornering it could be the power steering pump.

6. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Shiny fanbelt. Rough it up a tad with sandpaper.

You'll have to turn it over(the engine) a few times to get it all.

(WITH YOUR HANDS OUT OF THE WAY)

I know I didn't really have to say that, but.....

If it's not shiny belt, it could be worn bearings on the waterpump.

Mr. HandyAndy - really

7. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

oooh water pump, a right astard if they are anything like a tipo!!!!!!!!!
    and dealer price is prob about what your car is worth!
    Hope it's just a fanbelt.

8. mudhut

mudhut New Member

loose alternator belt fits the symptom best (squeals from start up, then stops as battery becomes recharged), however we have nowhere near enough info yet.

does it squeal only when moving, we assume not.

does it worsen if you turn on fan, rear de-mister, headlights etc? OR does it worsen if you are on full lock or turning from lock to lock when stationary?

it could also just be specs of grit in the poly belt (very common), but would probably squeal all the time.

or sticking handbrake/service brakes anyone?

9. lol, all i know is, is that when i start my car up its fine... 2mins of driving i get a screaming noise out of my car when usally i get to 3000 revs after a while the car shuts up, would you say its somthing to be consernded about? thansk all for your help!!

10. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

now your changing your story lol
    origionally you said it starts straight away, now your saying it starts after 2 mins of driving.