Filler Recomendations

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by C Windsor General Builder, Feb 10, 2015.

1. What general purpose fillers does everyone use? (premixed in tubs preferably) everything i try seems to be pants (takes forever to go off or shrinks like mad etc) cheers

2. BLUEJACKET

BLUEJACKET Active Member

I don't use premixed, I always use 'Easyfil', you can get it from B&Q good size bag and never have any problems with it, sands down really well.

B J

3. BLUEJACKET

BLUEJACKET Active Member

4. Is there much difference between using this stuff and using one coat plaster?

5. BLUEJACKET

BLUEJACKET Active Member

Don't know to be honest as I've never used one coat, but I do know that this stuff is really easy to get a good finish with.

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

What are you trying to fill?

7. I want a product that can do most everything just to have in the van wanted something pre mixed but might have to just start keeping a tub of one coat with me

8. Boolay

Boolay Member

Easyfill is good, I tried some toupret the other day because it was on offer. Far superior, comes in separate packs in a bulk bag. It is more expensive but very good.
    Easyfill is a very close second for me.

9. Which toupret one was that? Link?

10. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

My filling requirements may be different to yours but I like Decorfill 2 part which sets rock hard in 10 mins and then 1 strike which requires very little sanding but I'm generally just filling screw/nail holes or dodgy mitring.

11. Yeah ive used one strike before just dont consider it strong enough for anything other than nail holes like you say, Ive used similar products to decorfill for when i need a sturdy wood filler (trying to get a couple more years out of old wooden windows etc)

12. Boolay

Boolay Member

Windsor, sorry mate toupret tx10 rapid dry.
    10 x 1kg bags. I find it easier to apply and harder when set than easyfill.