Filling Void on cavity wall floor level.

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by dan6770, Jul 30, 2014.

1. dan6770

dan6770 New Member

Hi All.

Ive knocked through my hallway into my attached garage to convert.

The cavity wall space at the floor level therefore needs brining up to the level of the floor both sides (TO DPC LEVEL).It is the the width of the door going in.

I filled this with 2inches of rubble and filled rest with concrete flush with hall floor.

Ive now noticed that a LOT of damp is creeping up into this so much so there is a long 9inch damp patch on the surface of this concrete.

Should i have put a membrane in before the rubble and concrete? - Have i got to smash all this out and start again? I think i may have made a school boy error and wanted any advice for redoing it properly.

Cheers

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  2. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

it's rare that a DPC would be put down in an area intended for car parking - a liquid DPC across the floors and up the walls a few foot might suffice - but you'd be best off digging out the doorway and laying a proper membrane to meet with the existing - your BCO would be a good person to ask, it's him that will be signing it off

3. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Dig it out, leave it open, dpc across(even cavity closer) and a threshold board as part of your frame.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really