Finishing touch - plinth ideas wanted

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by know-somebody-who-can, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Hi all,

Looking for nice way to finish bottom of the counter I recently constructed (see photo) need to be able to flex material around the corner and ideally want to buy of the shelf ready fit and go (i.e no painting), have thought about upvc strip but have a feeling that's going to look c**p ?
    any thoughts please....? 20140630_210625 (3).jpg

2. snezza30

snezza30 Member

I suppose it depends on what colour you are planning on painting the cabinets......How about using Stainless Steel? Its flexible and durable.

3. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Nice looking counter there mate....

For the plinth could use this bendy mdf -

http://www.wickes.co.uk/MDF-Flexi-Board-6x607x1220mm/p/190139

Know you said off the shelf and no painting but is the counter not being painted then ?

Or stick on lengths of Amtico flooring "planks", you may be able to get a shade that matches the floor

4. Snezza30 liking the stainless steal idea, unit has now been painted.

DIYDave should have said all though unit is mostly made from MDF wanted to avoid using it when it meets the floor, in case client goes mop happy :) flooring planks a thought and as you say could match floor and thanks doesn't look bad for MDF the unit was all based around a standard office desk that you can not see built in behind it.