Fitting a glass splashback

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by Paul gorton, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Paul gorton

Paul gorton New Member

I am fitting a glass splash back behind the cooker the rest of the work tops are being tilted ,do I tile all the splash backs first then fit the glass splash back to the tiles or do I fit the glass splash back first then tile up to it ? My problem is that if I tile up to the glass i will end up with a cut tile against the glass as the pattern means the tile joints are offset ?

2. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

I would suggest that the glass will look better if it's fitted perfectly flush to the tiled surface

Bonding the glass onto the tiles is gonna look like you've just stuck the glass on top (which in this case you will have done)

Also with the glass edges being proud of the tiles, chipping the edges is a possibility

Work out the finished level of the tiles, including adhesive, and the thickness of the glass, again including the adhesive

I would fix the glass in place first and then tile up to it. Use a tile trim with a square edge profile to hide the cut edges and also to frame the glass

Loads of trims available and various colours, both in plastic and ali

Good luck with this