Fitting a shower rail onto tiles on plasterboard infront of waste pipes

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by tarquinkrikery, Jul 24, 2014.

1. tarquinkrikery

tarquinkrikery New Member

It's a mouthful I know. But I need a little advice please. I live in a town house and the family bathroom is on the second floor. At the tap end of the bath were previously two single taps for hot and cold. I have removed these and fitted a new thermostatic 'mono' block (is it called bridge or something goes in both holes meets in the middle).

Anyway I've fitted this so I can use a shower attachment and have a shower above the bath as it has a shower mixer function. I have the shower rail, however it's just dawned on me that the area of wall on which I was going to be fitting the rail is tiled but infront of a 'boxed' section which presumably hides all the pipework from the ensuite above it. Any advice for fitting the shower rail? Is it likely that there is a support beam in the middle of the box area for me to screw into (it's the width of the bath so 700mm) or can I get special raw plugs for such a job? Any advice appreciated. :)

2. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

If it's only a shower rail normal raw plugs should be fine.