Fitting cabinet hinges.

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Okedonkey, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Okedonkey

Okedonkey New Member

Hi,

I'm sure I'm just being a bit thick, but I'm having trouble fitting the hinges provided with the Screwfix units.

Fitting to the carcass in the pre-drilled holes is straight forward, and there's a neatly bored hole in the door to take the hinges, but I can't work out how to secure them.

Any advice will be very much appreciated.

2. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

There should be two screw holes each side have you still got a cover on.

A pic of the hinges maybe a start

3. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

I have fitted hinges in the past that slot into the door and you then press down a small lever that secures the hinge in place. Quick fit type thing.

Some hinges have a 8mm plastic bush fitted where you usually screw into the door. For these the door has corresponding 8mm holes drilled either side of the 35mm hinge hole. If you have these hinges but the doors are not drilled out you can remove the plastic bushes and get some small screws and fix the hinges using them.

4. Okedonkey

Okedonkey New Member

Thanks for the quick responses, I was about to take the pictures that tore81 suggested and I realized from what metro was saying - I have the wrong hinges.

The doors have the 8mm holes, but the hinges don't have the bushes.

Now I know that, I can get it sorted.

Thanks again for your help.

5. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

Cool. Homebase and Magnet kitchens use the hinges with bushes. Well in the non trade ranges anyhow.