Fitting For B&Q

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Antaid, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Antaid

Antaid New Member

Anyone out there work for B&Q installing kitchens etc..how do you get on their books ? any advice ?

2. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Just go in store there is a recruitment No somewhere, you will need some quallies: part p or Corgi or C&G chippie etc.

put "B&Q fitters" into google and read all about it......

3. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

Quote:

"Three weeks ago I had a fitted kitchen put in that was bought at B&Q and also fitted by them.

I am absolutly disgusted with the service that I have received. Not only did they get paid up front for the kitchen, but they held onto the money for 3 weeks before ordering it. I also got promised with delivery dates and fitting dates ect, which was not kept to.

When we finally had the kitchen put in not only was the fitter very moody and made shortcuts but there was parts if the kitchen missing and 3 out of 4 appliance faulty.

It has been three weeks now and we have still not been satisfied. I cannot beleive that a company can be so unorganised and lacking in customer service.

I dont think I will be shopping here again. "

How long do you think it took the fitter to get paid if the customer was not happy?

Yup You've got it - while the disputes rumble on you(the fitter)are caught in the crossfire!

Don't say we did not warn you.

4. joiner_sim

joiner_sim New Member

years ago we had an MFI kitchen fitted by them and it was great. The fitters even were happy to do some extra work including tiling and laminate floor, i think they even done some electical. (all this before i was in the trade & still in school).

5. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

What!

an MFI kitchen fitted by B&Q?

Doh!

6. quadcab

quadcab New Member

So as not to bore you all. Ordered a kitchen from B&Q last October '06. Paid for it last October '06. After much effort they delivered it in April '07. I started to fit the kitchen only to find that 50% of the base units were damaged, 60% of the doors were damaged or poor quality (sawdust trapped under the finish) and 90% of the handles damaged. Sat here waiting for a delivery of 2 doors to replace some that have already been replaced. if you see what I mean. Oh yeah the replacement handles they're being delivered on Wednesday.

One of their staff told me it would be different if I'd had the kitchen fitted as they give snagging priority to their fitters. So maybe that maybe be good news for you!!!!