Fitting of antique shower mixer

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by GreenHighlander, May 31, 2015.

1. GreenHighlander

GreenHighlander New Member

Hi. Can anyone please give me some guidance - how do I attach this mixer (photo attached) to 15mm copper tails protruding from my stud bathroom wall? What fittings do I need? Shower1.jpg

Thanks

2. Glad its Friday

Glad its Friday Active Member

Provided you can get access behind the stud work (backs onto an airing cupboard for example) you should be able to mount it up ok and make the appropriate connections. Assume that they are 3/4" off the mixer so female 3/4" to 22mm or 15mm compressions will do the trick at first glance. If you don't have access the job will be much harder if not impossible to do nicely. Why not fit a nice shower / bath combined filler there instead and mount it up on purpose fittings.

3. GreenHighlander

Thanks for that, GiFriday. Appreciate it. Def want to use this lovely old piece and luckily I have access behind the stud. Guess I'll need to support somehow, feeding threads through a dwang to hold the weight?

4. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Bit of 18mm ply braced with a bit of batten and screwed between studs should make it nice and solid. Should have plenty of thread depth there :)

5. GreenHighlander

Perfect. Thanks CGN.