Fitting sink without clips

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by HarryNet, Jul 22, 2017.

1. HarryNet

HarryNet New Member

2. I've always found the customer Q&A on Amazon to be good - peeps fall over themselves top help and answer.

One weird thing, tho' - all the current Q&As and reviews seem to be talking about a tap not a sinktop...

Anyhoo, it looks as tho' it has a foam seal? That's fine - provided it's held down firmly and that usually means clips.

Other than that, see what others have to say - should be some kitchen fitters on here.

3. HarryNet

HarryNet New Member

Thanks Devil's Advocate. The reviews are mixed between the sink and tap they sell . I think they do that to improve the ratings. I didn't get the tap from there.

Cheers

4. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

The sink in the link should really have have sink clips to be honest, can't say i've ever fitted an inset stainless sink without any. Even if it did have clips, there are no tabs on the sink to fit them on anyway !!!!!!!!!!.
    One way around the problem might be to fit it the same way we normally fit a composite sink. Make shure the cutout in the worktop finishes inside the seal so that the seal is sitting flat on the worktop. Silicone all around the worktop cutout past the outside of the sink, drop the sink into the cutout and place some heavy weight in the sink. Have a piece of worktop edging to hand and run it around the sink edge to remove the excess silicone, then finally wipe around the edge of the sink again with some Bigwipe's. Leave the sink for a few hours for the silicone to cure.
    It will be worthwhile to fit the taps and wastes and overflow before you do the above because the overflow and taps can be a pain to fit afterwards.

EDIT: just noticed there is no overflow either, plus the tap hole being as close to the corner as it is looks like a leak waiting to happen. My advice would be to return it and get a different sink.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

No overflow, rts.