Fitting Watersmith Niagra Mixer shower

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by RAyles, Sep 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. RAyles

RAyles New Member

I have bought one of these - http://www.screwfix.com/p/watersmit...d=210251#product_additional_details_container.

And i will be fitting this on tiles above a newly created wall with aquaboard. The weight of the mixer is quite heavy and has 2 connectors but no method of screwing the mixer to the wall, the whole weight of the mixer basically rests on the pipe work.

Can anyone suggest the best method to sort out the pipe work so that it can take the weight of the mixer unit?

I've attached the instructions, so you can see what I'm playing with. Any help will be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

Rich

Attached Files:

2. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

3. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

The beauty and simplicity being that the pipe work and mixer are fully supported and the added bonus is you can swap out the mixer in 2 mins if you need to :)

I use them on nearly every shower I fit!

4. RAyles

RAyles New Member

Hi CGN

The only issue with those is that the mixer is a shelf and from what I can see it's designed to fit flush.

Thanks

5. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Right. I just clicked the link you provided which we showed a standard bar mixer...perhaps you got the link wrong?

6. RAyles

RAyles New Member

[​IMG]
    Have a look at this picture left by one of the reviewers
    that whole white shelf is quite a weight and doesn't come with any method to attach it to the wall. There are two connectors that would most likely fit the fixing kit you mentioned but that would then have the 2 chrome fittings between the tiles and the shelf.

Or am I missing something there?

Thanks for your help

7. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

The link was wrong in the first post.

8. Rob_bv

Rob_bv Active Member

If taking some of the tiles off is an option, get yourself a Shower PL8 from Marflow

[​IMG]