Fixing tile backer board to concrete floor

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by powerslave, Oct 28, 2016.

1. powerslave

powerslave New Member

Hi,

I'm going to be putting some tile backer board down as I'm having electric underfloor heating under the tiles. Can i fix this to the floor with some rapid setting tile adhesive?

Thanks,
    Pete

2. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

Hi Pete,
    If you mean hardibacker board, then they recommend tile adhesive and screws. If you go on their website you can watch a video on how they do it. On phone at the moment otherwise would link to it

3. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

Actually thinking about it I think hardi is only for mounting on to timber.

4. powerslave

powerslave New Member

5. jimson

jimson New Member

whatever board you use you should use slow set flexi as the cureing rate is the same,Its allways a good idea
    to leave expansion joints which can be taped over for wet rooms.Use a 12mm trowel to spread adhesive
    use body weight to compress each board as it is laid.Use staggered joints when fixing boards and when complete turn on heating in increments of 3 degrees a day until required temp is reached,the following
    years can be started from 10 degrees until temp is reached,never go over these figures.