Flex/crimps

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Coloumb, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

" double it over and bung it in"

Revenge, eh? That's one way of 'getting your own back'!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Is it chucking out time already :confused:

3. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

Thanks for the info. Must say I have never had problems with tinning flex, possibly because the appliance gave up the ghost before the wires came loose in the plug.:)
    Of course appliances come with ready fitted plugs these days so I mustn't have done it for some time.

4. stateit

stateit Screwfix Select

You are cordially invited to come and my CU installs CGN. I imagine they're quite neat to say the least... Tea and biccys provided.

CGN likes this.
  5. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Very kind, very kind :) Yes, was a job where most took a lot of pride in their work...and one that I would even consider getting back in to if life's super highway took me down an unexpected path, hence me keeping my crimpers...just in case! :)

6. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

CGN likes this.
  7. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Glad they're doing the job :) Rapid are a good company...I've bought quite a few things from them. They'll be ideal for your requirements and you can also usually adjust any 'wear' out by the mechanism on the side if you need too...