flomasta 3439 fault?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Fionam1, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Fionam1

Fionam1 New Member

I've had a dual channel flomasta 3439 installed, and twice in two weeks part of the display has disappeared when I pressed the 'select' button (which allows you to choose between channel on, off, auto or all day). The time is still visible, but all the words below that (ie telling you whether the channel is on, off, etc) disappear. I've had to do factory reset to get them back, which then means I have to reprogramme all my timer settings again.
    The electrician who installed it thinks I'm doing something wrong whereas I think it might be a fault with the unit's display.
    The timer still works when this happens, but it's not much use if I can't see the display. It also doesn't show which channel is being programmed when this happens.
    Any ideas?

2. DNR Plumbing

DNR Plumbing Active Member

Remove the programmer from the base for 10 mins then refit before anything else

3. Droman

Droman New Member

I have the same, did the suggestion work? Would it help if I 'disconnect' from power for 10 mins? Unit less than 3 years old and cannot locate the manufacturer, is it a Screwfix company?

4. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

I believe Flomasta is a brand name used by Screwfix. On a different thermostats for example, the maker is given as:

Watersmith (UK) Ltd, Trade House, Yeovil BA22 8RT - the same address as Screwfix

5. Droman

Droman New Member

Thanks, have now e-mailed Screwfix direct to gauge their response.