Fluke 1652 error code

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Toffee1972, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Toffee1972

Toffee1972 Member

Can any of you more experienced fluke owners explain why I keep getting an error code 4 when attempting to perform Ze on an installation.

I've looked in the manual and it says code 4 means fault voltage.

Any ideas?

2. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

It means "Dirty Earth" - Caused by the ****** leads if you don't make a good clean contact, or if the installation is loaded and live.

Tip - Next time you get this error, use the direction arrow to scroll to the reading ;) The test is still caried out, but the meter is saying it may not be to accurate.

3. Toffee1972

Toffee1972 Member

It means "Dirty Earth" - Caused by the ****** leads
    if you don't make a good clean contact, or if the
    installation is loaded and live.

Tip - Next time you get this error, use the direction
    arrow to scroll to the reading ;) The test is still
    caried out, but the meter is saying it may not be
    to accurate.

Top man cheers Lectrician

4. davetheglitz

davetheglitz New Member

Hi - thought I'd follow on from this thread. I'm getting an Error 4 on my Fluke 1651 when trying to measure trip time for a 100mA RCD. Measuring at a socket - Zs of 510 ohms (high I know). No errors at 30mA (no trip of course) - but error whenever any greater trip current is used. Battery voltage 8.2v. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

5. jumboscruit

jumboscruit New Member

I have a Fluke 1651, and had an "Error 4" come up, and it turned out that the neutral connection was loose at the consumer unit.

Js.