Flush pipe rubber compression washer

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by ChrisDunn, Sep 8, 2014.

1. ChrisDunn

ChrisDunn New Member

Hi, is there a specific name for the rubber compression washer which slides on the toilet flush pipe at the cistern end and gets compressed when you tighten the nut onto the flush system? I can't find one listed on the Screwfix site or any other for that matter, and I could do with one

Thanks,
    Chris

2. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

They usually come with the flushpipe kit or a new syphon, best bet is pop into a proper plumbers merchant (avoid first thing and lunchtime when they are busy) and ask, chances are even if they don't normally sell them they might have one lying around somewhere.

3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Can you post a pic of the system and washer required, it will help identify it.

4. ChrisDunn

ChrisDunn New Member

It looks like the attached image, I just need it today so don't want to buy online

Attached Files:

5. ChrisDunn

ChrisDunn New Member

Just noticed the screwfix flush pipe comes with the nut and "olive" so if I get stuck I think I'll get one of those and hopefully the olive is this rubber washer.

6. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

7. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

After 30 years of fitting these washers with the narrow part going into the flush-pipe first a trainee who I was working with at the time informed me that I was doing it the wrong way up because the nut on the flush-pipe is convex to accept the con caved rubber washer!
    It made sense though and since then I've fitted them that way up (never a problem with leaks whichever way though).
    Who says you can't tell a Yorkshire man owt !!
    Tappy, :)