For DA.

Discussion in 'Project Photos' started by chippie244, Jun 9, 2016.

1. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Not sure why it has duplicated some posts but I had to do this off my phone but the first photo is a bit of the model box and the others are 25X bigger.

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Are you out there DA?

4. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Is that genuine iron work or mdf cnc'd?

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It's 6mm steel, laser cut, with 6mm MDF, CNC'd, glued and riveted on either side

6. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Why a sandwich?
    Why not just laser cut 20mm sheet plate?

7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I think it's a weight issue and we can CNC the extra detailing in the MDF our selves rather than paying someone else.

8. Hi Chips :)

Soz - away all day. Long train journey to near Worthing - and longer drive back.

Blimey, I didn't realise the first photo was a model until you said. Cooooool.

Jeepers, that impressive.

(What show?)

9. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Half a Sixpence at Chichester.
    I'm putting Henry V into Regents Park Open Air Theatre on Monday and the last time I looked the model box was in the assembly room so I should be to able show that and the installed set.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  10. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

What you can't see is all the rings on the stage rotate independently and there is a trap door in the middle and the set is rained on.

11. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

The thing that caught my eye was those steps / ladders, so many times would have loved something like that when working on old style school ceilings. Used to have to use horrible wobbly wooden steps and the slightest move used to set them swaying

12. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

13. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Pretty impressive work Chips.:)

Sospan: I use this combination ladder, has adjustable outriggers, got mine cheap from a bankrupt sale,nearly 10 years ago.

http://www.facalscale.it/documenti/serie/pag22-23_ENG.pdf

14. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Zarges are top quality. The combination ladder is ideal for suspended ceiling work. Used them every day when I was installing air conditioning and fridges in supermarkets.