For fellow Carpenters

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by wiggy, Mar 25, 2017.

1. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

2. OooooOOOOOoooooohh! Who are you calling 'buttercup'?

3. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

OK Devs and you :)

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  4. Shaggy

Shaggy Active Member

"CARPRNTERS" What are Carprnters?;)

Deleted member 33931 and wiggy like this.
  5. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

HHAHAHAHAHA well spotted shaggy

6. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

'Only the strongest men and weakest spellers become carprnters' :D

wiggy likes this.
  7. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

8. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

9. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

How did you get access to my avatar? :) the spelling is as good as mine to (sic)....

10. Naz man

Naz man New Member

Naz man Hi, I was handyman myself but now looking to do my mother in laws in built cupboard,but do to it my condition of health as worsen during the months. I won't be able to finished the other side of the In built cupboard I have prepared the work to carry out just need someone who can do the job I'm looking for someone good,local know what they doing so can u please help me out here. My in laws are from handsworth ,B21

11. wau5

wau5 Active Member

In most of the 3rd/2nd world countries being a carpenter is such a low-end job that you should be ashamed and are total failure in life if you are carpenter, Here it's just normal job :D

12. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

What countries would they be ?

13. wau5

wau5 Active Member

More or less most of the asia / eastern europe/africa , every 2nd/3rd world country....

14. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I have many high quality pieces of furniture in my house from Thailand, Bali, Kazakhstan, South Africa and other items I have acquired during travel.

So having worked with and stayed with guys from these countries s it is complete rubbish - so where exactly have you got you information from ?

15. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

And of course one historical carpenter is revered across all the world ....

vivaro man likes this.
  16. vivaro man

vivaro man Active Member

Sospan, I don't normally bother with idiotic posts but Wau 5 is completely wrong. Joinery/Carpentry/Cabinet making are revered across Asia. Japanese cabinet makers are very much respected, as are those in the Philippines. The trade training in those countries is second to none.

Put simply wherever anyone needs a house, a building, a box, a fence or any wooden structure then they'll need a joiner. Remember over 65% of houses worldwide are made from timber.

This guy is a wind up artist, end of.

17. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Hmmm, and what may your vocation be? A very foolish statement to make without evidence to support your claim, you must have been on the pop last night. Carpentry is one of the oldest and still respected trades around the world, in all countries, rich or poor.

As you appear tighter than a nuns chuff due to your many posts on here complaining about the cost of everything, perhaps you'd prefer it in a lowly third world country, as no doubt you would barter these failures in life down to parting with their craftsmanship for a pittance.

As Sos and Vivaro have stated above, some of the finest workmanship on this earth is from these areas(not countries) you mentioned, so if you can back up your claims, I'm all ears.

vivaro man likes this.
  18. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

He posts the same whinging "what is the cheapest but best" bilge on the Tilers forum. I ignored his posts over there.

But he did say about the tiler forum "I have to admit that this has been the most helpful and knowledgeable forum I have ever seen" so we know where he should spend his time :D

19. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Whereas the carpenters forum doesn't suffer fools gladly...... :)

20. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

or _ _ _ _ s people can fill in the blanks themselves :D