Forum etiquette.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by chippie244, Mar 21, 2014.

1. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I am just wondering what is the correct thing to do if you realise you have made a proper *** of yourself answering a topic.
    If it is a typo or you have misread something I can see that editing the post is fine but if you are just plain wrong is blustering your way through or deleting your post acceptable?
    I would have thought it was better to hold your hands up and say "Sorry, I got that wrong"
    What does anyone else think?

2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

it happens all the time to me, I'm just never just unhelpfull and sometimes i'm just too not clear enought about how how I say it, :(

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I doubt you've ever deleted a post tom.

miss pickle likes this.
  4. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

I wouldn't go back deleting posts, that is to obvious, I would just say sorry I got that wrong, or I misunderstood what the post was about, or I'm just stupid, ignore me. :p

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

No Phil you were spot on.

6. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

you're right chips, i never delete posts because the whole point of forums is a learning curve for ALL every day is a skool day, ;)

7. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

When they had the old forum software, if you deleted a post,, all of the replies that followed the post were automatically deleted. There were some threads which were bloody hard to follow because members had deleted posts (specially in the Just Talk section, where many threads were rather fluid, and didn't always stay on topic. ;);)

8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I've just realised I misread the end of Phil's post.

9. Phil the Paver

????? You've lost me.:p

10. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

What, the bit where he admitted being stupid - and you agreed with him?
    :p

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

Phil the Paver likes this.
  11. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I initially read the end as "I'm stupid, ignore me" rather than, "or I'm......." Sorry.

12. Phil the Paver

:p:p:p

13. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It proves my point. :oops::oops:

14. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

That is the blush emoticon?

15. Phil the Paver

Same thing isn't it. :p

Where you from, in your profile it says N Herts, (don't say N Herts) :p, in live in N Herts too.

16. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Little Wymondley and that's not a medical condition!

17. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:HND UP I worked it out wrong make you feel better chippie ????????:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

18. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You just made the common mistake of using the old figure of 240V rather than 230V but why did you delete the post?

19. was a bit of a dick trick to say i am a qualifyed sparky just used mi stupid phone app and dint think till i worked it out properly

20. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Cough* ******** * cough