forum site connectivity

Discussion in 'Support' started by mr reflex, Jan 6, 2014.

1. mr reflex

mr reflex Member

Has anyone else had this issue?
    I can't seem to reply to a thread on my laptop. When I left click to start typing nothing happens?

2. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

Hi

I am sorry to learn you are having problems posting.

From the details you have provided I believe the problems you are having are due to compatibility issue with IE11 and the forum software we use’ Xenforo’. We are about to update our forum software to resolve this problem, with the latest Internet Explorer tomorrow morning.

This can be resolved on IE 11 now by using the Force compatibility mode by going to Tools -> Compatibility View Settings-> and adding the community.screwfix.com to the list. Alternately there are no issues with the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox.

If you are not using IE11 on your laptop, please email me forum.moderation@screwfix.com with full details of the problem you are having so I can advise further.

Peter

3. mr reflex

mr reflex Member

Yes thanks for your help, that is the case I am using IE11.
    Cheers

4. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Are you finding it(IE11) changes the layout of websites against your wishes?

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

5. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

Hi

To update you the upgrade took place this morning should have resolved the problem with IE11.

If you still have this problem posting on IE please let us know.

Peter