Found This Under The Floorboards

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Stugadget, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Stugadget

Stugadget Member

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Now I like that.:)

Get it framed.:)

Probably a few sparks on here remember using it...:rolleyes:

3. stateit

stateit Screwfix Select

Good find.

4. TP&N

TP&N Active Member

Came across loads of the stuff back in the 60's the Engineering company I was working for had a big Housing stock rented to the work force We started a rewire program in 68 to get rid of it but some of it was still in good order to be honest.

5. philthespark

philthespark Active Member

Note that the label says "vulcanised india rubber" not vulcanised insulated rubber as the great (allegedly) Tony Cable referred to it in a recent article.

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Vulcanised india rubber is the correct name.

Who this Tony Cable oik?:confused:

7. philthespark

He's a big noise in the NICEIC,knows everything and knows nothing,trouble is a lot of people think that if he says something it's gospel.

8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Ah! thank you:),no longer sparking, abit out of touch, so another know all bar-steward.:)

philthespark likes this.
  9. philthespark

if you can get hold of a copy of professional electrician magazine (free from wholesalers) he writes articles in them,always good for a laugh,never made a mistake and knew more as an apprentice than the guys who were teaching him,or that's what he'd have you believe.lol

10. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I get PE & other trade mags most months, just his name didn't ring a bell,unlike that other idiot Roger Bisby in PB.:rolleyes:

11. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

Top of the cocs

philthespark likes this.
  12. Smokey

Smokey Active Member

He often speaks at NIC events/ features in their training movies and often speaks at the ELEX events.

13. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

[​IMG]

here's another one from the house I'm working on. What's with the strange names? NONAZO, VINAZO? what others are there?

KIAB likes this.
  14. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

And just to add a little bit to the above, Callenders Cable merged with British Insulated in 1945 to become BICC. Seeing as how it is unlikely the house I'm working on was wired up during the war years, it looks like the wiring dates back to at least the 30's - see my other thread - house of horrors!

15. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Like seeing these old labels.:)

16. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

I guess Vinazo and Nonazo are their t aide names, both appear to be VIR.

17. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

I think "NONAZO" is "Non Association" like this on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-E...Henley-Wires-Cables-1927-Nonazo-/272313086008

and this quote I found elsewhere

but VINAZO??

18. TonyS

TonyS New Member

After two evening of him droning on in the hotel bar I snapped and told him to STFU. He just likes the sound of his own voice.

19. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

Yeah and what the NIC should be doing is helping us out not playing the Radio 1 bloody roadshow. .

I note a Facebook page is up and running now. . .see for yourselves how popular it is

20. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

In the PE magazine all he goes on about is what it was like 300 yr ago